Five Resources Every Author Should Be Using
I wanted to share some resources that I use that I find help me in the process of writing, self-publishing and marketing my novels.
These are just some of the software that is available (some is free and some is not) that I have found invaluable. These are in no particular order. I will be doing a post on each to show why they have made life so much better and easier as an author.
- Scrivener – I think this platform is brilliant. It is incredibly useful and has made my writing life so much easier.
- Calibre – a great way to convert your ebooks from epub to kindle to pdf, etc. It is another amazing tool. And it’s free, although they do appreciate donations.
- Book Funnel – I just learned about book funnel. I think it is brilliant and has made it so much easier to share my free ebook Captured Lies with readers. It’s a few step process that puts the ebook right on the person’s reading device. Love it.
- Divi by Elegant Themes – This is a wordpress.org website theme. I love how easy they have made Divi to use (for the nontechie people – me). It allows you to create pretty much any look.
- Aweber – is an email autoresponder. It is really easy to use and provides you with the means to you keep in touch regularly with your email subscribers.
I think this software is brilliant. It has made my writing life so much easier. It is great for keeping me organized, keeping all of my information – characters, outlines, research, images, plot ideas, etc. all in one place. The best part is Scrivener gets me. 🙂 I don’t have to write linearly as I can move chapters or scenes around really easily.
This is another piece of software that is invaluable. It allows me to convert my ebooks to kindle, epub, etc. and then I can easily share them with my beta list. I can also convert my free ebooks into these formats and then share. Love it.
This is such a cool bit of software. It allows you to store your ebooks in whatever form you’d like. Then it gives you a link for you to make available to your subscribers (or whomever you’re giving your ebooks to). It is brilliant because the subscriber clicks on the link and then book funnel walks them through the process to download the ebook to their phone, laptop, tablet, ereader… and they provide the support should the person doing the download need any help. Love them.
Divi by Elegant Themes
Divi is a wordpress theme (for wordpress.org). It is an amazing theme that allows you to do pretty much whatever you want to do with your website. It is very flexible in what it allows you to do. The builders at Elegant Themes have made it and continue to make it easy to use with lots of training and support. Elegant themes also has other wordpress themes as well as a few dynamic plugins.
There are other auto responders out there but I really like aweber. They are very helpful, they have a lot of great resources to help you and they have made it really easy to use. Oh yeah, and you can do some pretty cool stuff with your emails. It is a great tool to use to captured your email list and to keep them engaged. You are building your email list right?
“Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.”